iPhone 4s Signal Strength?

Reaction score
This is more of an annoyance than a real issue, but it bugs me - alot! Two weeks ago I went out and purchased two new iPhone 4s, one for my wife 32g, and one for myself 64g. The phones are identical, except for the memory and colour, hers is white and mines black. We both use the same provider, Three, with identical contracts.

What bugs me is that we live in a very poor service reception area (for all service providers), but my wife's phone can get a signal when mine can't! If we go out somewhere and the signal is poor in an area, her phone will pick up a signal, albeit a poor one, whilst mine just sits there telling me there's no signal. We placed the phones side by side, and hers works, mine doesn't - why would that be, and is there anything I can do about it?

When the signal is good, both our phones show the same kind of signal strength, it's just when the signal is poor my phone seems less willing to connect than my wife's. As stated, it isn't really an issue, and I could live with it, but it bugs the heck out of me when we go somewhere and she's getting a signal when my phone is saying 'No Service'.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

C

chas_m

That is unusual. If I were you I'd show that to an Apple Store rep and see what they have to say, they'd likely just give you a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.