Mac eject command

Reaction score
Hi!

I’m a newbie to the Mac World. I have a Mac Book Pro running Mac OS X.

There was an Icon on the Desktop labeled My Passport (a Western Digital external drive) which I accidentally EJECTED it.

What did I to?

Thank you.

Dr. T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
You unmounted (disconnected) the external drive from the OS, (even though it's still physically connected). In this state, you can not read and write to it.

If you disconnect the external drive cable and reconnect it, the drive should reappear.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Think of it as equivalent to the "Safely Remove..." function that you see as an option for disks in Windows.

OP
D
Reaction score
Dear Jaygray and vansmith,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Two other questions:

Although I am not 100% certain, there are two icons on the Desktop that might have not been there at the beginning: a Hard Drive icon and a Work Force 610 Info Center icon.

(1) Do they belong on the Desktop?

(2) What is the Work Force 610 Info Center?

Thank you.

Dr. T.

C

chas_m

The hard drive icon most definitely belongs on the desktop.

The other I have to presume is a bit of ported-over crapware from your printer manufacturer. I can't comment on whether you need it or not as I'm unfamiliar with whatever a Work Force 610 is.

OP
D
Reaction score
Chas_M,

Thank you for your reply.

FYI, I found out that the Work Force 610 Info Center was a .pdf document about the Mac's Stacks in the Dock. I deleted it.

Dr. T.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.