Please Help: Trouble Shooting With Administrator Password

Reaction score
So I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue, but I was attempting to install the Diablo 3 Beta (video game), which works with macs and so it asks me for my username/password which is normal during the install but strangely I don't see normal text just weird symbols like in the image, and if I go ahead and put in my password as normal it than force quits the application and says an error occured but I can't read the error because of the same weird symbols. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to stop it?

screenshot20111222at623.png

*Rebooting did not work
*This symbol error is happening every time I need my username/password now and was not before

Please halp.

EDIT::

This is what the error message states:

"Failed to run a required program (Blizzard Setup). Wait one minute and try again and if that doesn't work please restart your computer and try again."

This error indicates that Diablo III was unable to make necessary changes in the Battle.net folder on your hard drive. We first recommend restarting your computer if the issue persists. If a restart does not resolve the issue, the user account you are logged into may not have full access to the Battle.net folder. Conditions that may block your access to the Battle.net folder include:

Using a non-administrator account
Security programs on your computer functioning in an unintended fashion
Non-standard permission settings for that particular folder

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing I would try is to repair permissions. Boot with your install DVD, go to Utilities, Disk Utility, from the top menu and select repair permissions from the right side. Afterward, try to install Diablo again.

If that doesn't work, your Admin account may be corrupt. Create a test account and give it admin rights. Try to install Diablo from the new account.

OP
J
Reaction score
I already attempted to repair permissions didn't do anything, I don't really care about the diablo installation -- just want to fix the corrupt text on my user/password prompts

Im thinking it might have to do with the custom font on my machine, but its weird that it just started happening randomly. I really don't want to have to do an archive install b/c i have so much modded stuff on my machine.

Ill try the admin account but seems unlikely that my account is corrupt.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't mention anything about a custom font in your first post. That may be the culprit. Try removing that custom font first before creating another account.

C

chas_m

I was just going to say: the problem is that you've mucked about with your fonts, and likely deleted or replaced something crucial.

Reaction score
I already attempted to repair permissions didn't do anything, I don't really care about the diablo installation -- just want to fix the corrupt text on my user/password prompts

Im thinking it might have to do with the custom font on my machine, but its weird that it just started happening randomly. I really don't want to have to do an archive install b/c i have so much modded stuff on my machine.

Ill try the admin account but seems unlikely that my account is corrupt.
I have the same problem, any luck?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.