Two things I'm surprised ALL email clients don't do

Reaction score
I hope these features are available in some email client for Mac. If so, please let me know the name of the app.

1. When I start typing an email address or a name, auto complete shows me a drop-down list of people/addresses that match. So many times, that list includes addresses that are outdated or are not in the format that I desire. I know I can get out of that email, go look up that listing and change or delete the information, but seldom do I have the time, nor want to go to the trouble, to do all that. Why can't I select an address from that drop-down list, right-click/control-click/two-finger-click on it and edit it or delete it? And yes, I know that I can edit the name/email address for the specific email I'm sending, but that doesn't change the main record. The next time auto-complete comes up, the edited version is not there, the old one still is. Doesn't any program do this?

2. Delayed send. Seems like that would be a no-brainer. I can set all kinds of alarms, alerts and reminders for just about any time, but I can't write an email to remind someone of a meeting and have it sent on the day prior to the meeting. I'm willing to leave my machine on 24/7. I'm no programmer, but that sure seems like it would be easy and WAY useful!

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

C

chas_m

1. Clicking "Previous Recipients" is too much for you? IOW there is a very easy solution to your first issue.

2. Eudora used to have that ability. Google Goggles offers it for GMail (sort of). You can kinda do it in iCal (invitations).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.