Magic Mouse problems

LBM

Reaction score
Hi there, hope this post is in the right spot... Well, I have an Imac mid 2011 (27 inch, I5 processor). On the last 10 days, I have been experiencing a strange problem with the magic mouse: Regardless of the direction I move it, the pointer only moves in the same diagonal direction, always in an erratic way - note that even that diagonal movement is not smooth. It looks like it freezes in that bahavior and, all of a sudden, it starts operating normaly again. Separating it to the surface end positioning it again does not work. Same thing turning it on and off. The problem just disapears after a few minutes... Any suggestions on what may be going on ?

Thanls in advance,
LBM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like a defective mouse. Since it's still under warranty, take it on in to Apple where they will likely replace it with a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.