Block my own access to wireless router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX 10.5.8
I have an unusual wish. I have trouble controlling my internet use, I've tried all kinds of programs and self-control etc. What I have found works is if I only have access to the internet on my laptop out of the house eg. at work, library, coffee shop etc. This is what I want.

So I would like to be able to continue to have browsers on my laptop, and connect to wireless networks when I'm out of the house. But not be able to connect to my home's wireless network.

But to make it trickier, I'm a lodger and so don't have access to the router etc. Is it possible to achieve what I want by somehow blocking the specific network from my own mac?
Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You could ask the owner of the router to change the password so you don't have it?!?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX 10.5.8
thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!
Yeah I guess that's probably the easiest thing to do. Will be a bit embarrassing but I guess I have my reasons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.