Unpleasant surprise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 Intel, 1 GB Memory
To speed up my aging 2.16 GHz Macbook I emptied the caches in my Library and User Library as was suggested in another thread. Unfortunately, I lost all my Safari Bookmarks. They're still in Trash, but I haven't been able to recover them when opening Safari. I drug the cache labeled "Safari" back into the Library Application folder, rebooted, but NADA, just what must have been the original startup screen appeared when I selected "show all bookmarks".

Does anyone have a fix that a Ditz can perform? I've been using Macs since our first Apple 2E, but never tackled any thing technical before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do you use Time Machine if so they can be recovered from there ?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Try File>Import Bookmarks from the Safari menu and see if navigating to the recovered folder and selecting it works.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I'm running OS Tiger OS 10.4.11 which doesn't have TM. I've been digging around in stuff I've never done before because I'm trying to back up the system (which I've never done before in all these years) in anticipation of upgrading to Snow Leopard. So instead of streamlining I'm destroying stuff I wanted to migrate!

Thanks for the heads-up, though!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try File>Import Bookmarks from the Safari menu and see if navigating to the recovered folder and selecting it works.

Thanks. I'll try that.

WOWZA!!! It worked RAZORMAC!! You've created a 66-year-old apprentice computer geek!!

Thanks Much!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.