Email issue - when using a Signature

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure what forum to post this...

I have had a personal .mac email address for over 8 years. I have used it to run a home-based business for 6 years. I get 50-100 emails a day and send out information to my customers on a regular basis.

I have a business "Signature" that I put at the bottom of my business emails.

Anyway, last week I sent out a "regular" business email and it LOOKED like it sent, but no one received it. I spent the day trying ways of resending it (no jpgs, no attachments, etc, etc) and no luck. AFter that I spent a lot of time working with my mail program to see if the problem was on my end - I emptied my trash, my sent folder and cleaned things up. I have been sending and receiving emails all week UNTIL TODAY when I went to send out a Business email again (first time since last week). It DID NOT SEND again.

However, I then sent out a simple "test" email to my customers and asked for a reply. I have heard from almost all of them so I know it went through.

THE ONLY thing I can think of is that my Signature is somehow the problem. I did NOT put my Signature in the Test email.

I have heard today from several people who tried to contact me last week (by replying to an older message) about placing an order and I DID NOT get the message - so my only guess is that I could not sent or receive anything that has my signature.

WHY WOULD THIS BE???? Has anyone had this experience? Why would this occur? I have now deleted my signature and was successfully able to send the message from earlier today with no signature.

Is there an issue with Signatures? Why would this happen after years of using it? Is it a problem with a recent update?

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate knowing. I guess I have "fixed" it, but would like to know more about WHY this happened!

Thanks,
Andra

C

chas_m

First question: are you using a third-party Signature plug-in like Signature Profiler?

Second question: did you do any system or software updates last week before this started?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi,

1) i was using the signature option within the .mac mail program in my desktop mail program.

2) i really cant remember the last time i did my last update. Is there a way to check?

Thanks for replying. It seems like a weird thing to cause a big problem...

First question: are you using a third-party Signature plug-in like Signature Profiler?

Second question: did you do any system or software updates last week before this started?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well it does help if you provide your operating system. Lion has been updated to OS X.7.2 and .3 is on the way, Snow Leopard OS X.6.8 and Leopard OS X.5.8. Anything older than that and understand why you are having problems.

C

chas_m

The reason I ask is because Signature Profiler (a third-party add-on for Mail) can cause EXACTLY the sort of issue you describe, since it is not compatible with Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.