ISP keeps on failing

Reaction score
I am having a problem staying connected to the internet. It seems to have happened every since I upgraded to Snow Leopard. I can connect fine if I plug in the ethernet cord directly and will stay connected. That is not the case wirelessly though. I can't seem to stay on the internet for more than 10 minutes before it stops working and I have to go through network diagnostics to get it to connect again, where it tells me my ISP is failing every time. It seems to only be my computer as well. Everyone else's computer in my house seems to work fine and consistently on the wi-fi. Anybody have any suggestions for how I can fix this?

i also have the same problem of ISP failing every now and then.it gets solved by going to network diagnostics and then click to assist option but it is very annoying every time.can any body help me how to fix it permanently.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I've moved your post from the 2 year old thread you attached it to and created a dedicated thread to your question.

Reaction score
I've moved your post from the 2 year old thread you attached it to and created a dedicated thread to your question.

I have this same problem. Have searched for the new (ish) thread and can't find it. Any help on this issue? ISP say no reported problems in this area and mine is the only computer in the house with the problem. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I have this same problem. Have searched for the new (ish) thread and can't find it. Any help on this issue? ISP say no reported problems in this area and mine is the only computer in the house with the problem. Thanks

Are you on Snow Leopard as well ? There were some connectivity issues with 10.6. which were supposed to have been fixed with 10.6.3. In some instances the problems persisted.

Reaction score
I have snow leopard (not sure how to find which version) and I am having the same internet connectivity problem. How can I fix this issue?

Reaction score
ISP keeps failing

i also have the same problem of ISP failing every now and then.it gets solved by going to network diagnostics and then click to assist option but it is very annoying every time.can any body help me how to fix it permanently.

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever managed to solve this problem as I am having exactly the same issue and can't seem to find help anywhere? It is driving me insane, sometimes dropping every 2 or 3 minutes! Did you have any luck?

Regards
Kate

Reaction score
I also am having that problem. My PC doesn't show any signs of it. I have to shutdown my Mac Pro- let stand for a while and then go back in. Sometimes going to internet connections doesn't help at all it just gets hung up and I have to restart. Very Very annoying and has only been happening the last few months. I was wondering if it's the router but then it should be happening on the PC too.

Reaction score
Same problem on iMac 24inch. Good on newer macbook and other pc's. New to this forum...where do we get answers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.