No Volume Available when iphone docked to car sterio?

Reaction score
Hi all, this is diving me crazy. I have an I Phone 4G an I pod a Pioneer AVH P3200BT "head unit" and the compatible CD-IU50V Pioneer cord as well as the white I Phone cord. When I connect the I phone using any app ex Pandora or You Tube I get no sound over the head unit and the message @ the bottom of the i phone that says "volume not available". Also I get no recognition from the head unit as to station or song information. I have reset both the I phone and the stereo several times. When I plug in the I pod using either cord to the head unit the i pod plays as it should and song information is displayed on the head unit. According to Pioneer and their online advertisements my I phone and head unit are compilable, I have confirmed this with their representatives on the phone. I have the correct cable and it works. When I switch my head unit to auxiliary I get You Tube video but no volume with the I phone but nothing in I pod mode where it should be working. Pioneer said their are no adjustments on the head unit to make "just plug and play". I have checked my mute button on the phone several times and that is not the issue. Again I get volume and proper functions with the I pod. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem. I have been trying to find a solution for days. Thank You

OP
R
Reaction score
Fixed partially, my pandora is now working. I had never used the ITunes app before. I somthing called goldbarradio in the itunes section it is now in my music section. Now Pandora works perfect. Does anyone know of another app I can download to get Youtube working? The volume now works w/ youtube in the Ipod section of my Pioneer sterio but no video. Video works in the auxilary section but no sound?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.