problem with iphoto and facebook

Reaction score
Hello. I hope this is the right place for my question. It's my first time on the forum. I have two problems with iphoto and Facebook. One is when I publish a photo or album on Facebook I get an error message and a request to check my username and password. I've disregarded this because my photos ended up on FB anyway. But I wondering now if this might be linked to my second problem. This oen really freaked me out. I found out by accident that all my iphoto albums had ended up on FB, even albums I hadn't shared. I deleted them on iphoto but they still showed up on a friend's computer when he checked my FB albums. The only thing I found was to go and check the "me only" box on every one of those album on my FB profile. I had to click on "all photos" to find them because they don't appear on the list of published albums on my profile. I'd like to remove but can't figure out how. I can't seem to be able to. Most of all I'd like to know how they ended up there without my sharing them and how to sop this happening again.
Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
I am guessing that you weren't within a specific album or area within iPhoto, and then you clicked the 'Share' button on the bottom. iPhoto then saw this as you wanting to share everything, as opposed to a specific album.

As far as the ones on facebook, you can delete entire albums if you wish to do so. The option to having them only viewable to you works too, of course, but then they are still up on the site.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help. I've deleted the albums from Facebook.
I'll keep what you said in mind so it doesn't happen again.
Would you by any chance why I keep getting an error message?
I've seen quite a few people posting about the same problem (on other websites) but no real explanation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.