Flip 4 Mac (DRM Protected Content Issue)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
Hi all,

When I upgraded to Lion some time ago everytime I open up Finder I got a very annoying message pop up from my Flip 4 Mac application stating 'Flip 4 Mac is unable to play DRM protected content'.

I recently upgraded this application to the latest version but still every time I open finder I have to click on 'ok' several times before this warning box goes away grrrrrrrrrr.

Can you advuse me how to get rid of the warning box (without having to delete the Flip 4 Mac application).... or even why it's doing it?.

All advice is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

OP
mockney
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
OK I will give it a try. I presume this is not a common issue?. Any idea why it's doing it?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Also try running disk utility and repairing permissions.

C

chas_m

It sounds to me as though you have some media file set to automatically play every time you log in and Flip4Mac isn't able to play it.

Does that sound like a fair assessment of what's happening?

OP
mockney
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the advice chas. I don't recall setting any media to run automatically like I said it only happened one I upgraded to lion. I don't even know what DRM files its referring too.

I think I will take the advice to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.