Is my iPhone Bugged?

Reaction score
Okay, so please do not just answer NO! If you are going to answer no please provide me with defenitive proof that this can not be done on my iPhone.

Well for starters, I am not a very paranoid person at all. I just want to get that out there. However, I have sincere reasons to believe that my phone might be bugged by family members. I am 32 years old and my father and my step-mother seem to know WAY too much personal business about me. This is mostly business I conduct on the cell phone. I have looked all over my house for bugs, but they seem to know stuff even when I am outside on the phone talking.

I have heard echoes (recently) of myself talking that makes no sense either. The other party can not hear the echoes even when I ask.

Recently I caught my Dad going through my mail, he goes through other business stuff as well and personal items. I have noticed books out of place, I even put papers in a book one time to later find them in a different page of the book, so I have honest reasons for suspecting this.

One time in the past I was getting text messages from my step-mother (she never knew I was getting them). When I responded to them she made the comment to the person she was texting, "I am getting text messages from someone else and I don't know who they are coming from, I am just going to call you." (I personally think this was a coverup that she was sending them to me just to torment me). I never made comments that would identify me and never confronted them about it. I would rather have proof that they are doing this. If they are, I plan on pressing any and all charges that I can in a court of law.

I have changed my cell number, and shortly after that I reinstalled the software to my iphone. I am on the verizon network 3G. Recently the echoes have started again, and I just want to find out if the phone is bugged or not. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Mate, I think you need a vacation. Turn the phone off and turn it back on until you're in control.:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
A vacation is always nice!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
Have you considered it may be time to move out and get your own place?. Pretty sure bugging phones cant be done. Even the News of the World was only able to break into people's voicemails.

Your dad is not ex special forces or anything is he?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
A vacation is always nice!:)

- Nick

Lake Garda pigoo3 is the wotsits. I'm sure the OP would appreciate the warm water and the G & T's:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Unless your phone has been out of your possession for an hour or two, I doubt it's bugged.

Of course, your folks could have enlisted some sort of government agency to assist them... :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.