Bootcamp upgrade

Reaction score
Hi
I'm running Bootcamp v 3.0.4 with Windows7 on a PowerMac running 10.6.8
I'm having trouble with the audio on Windows and want to upgrade to Bootcamp 3.3. My question is will it solve my audio problem and if I upgrade will I need to re-install Windows?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're not running 10.6.8 on a PowerMac, you probably mean a MacBook Pro.

As far as your audio problems are concerned, have you properly installed all the Windows drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD?

Also tell us which MacBook Pro you have, year, model.

OP
E
Reaction score
My apologies
Its a MacPro 2 X 2.66 Intel. I just did a standard Leopard install. Do I need to do a custom install to add the drivers I need?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A custom install is not required. Just boot to Windows, insert your Snow Leopard DVD and let it install drivers. Afterward, you can update Boot Camp from within Windows by using the Apple software update from the Windows Control Panel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.