iCal event alerts not working in Lion

T

Terry_C

After upgrading to Lion I can no longer set new iCal event alerts. If I create a new event I can select an alert i.e "message with sound" etc and set an alert time, but when I select "apply" in the event window the alert isn't saved and reverts to "none". Events with alerts that were in place before I upgraded are ok - just new ones fail.

The calendar I am using syncs with Google, and I know that you can't delete events on Google via iCal I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it though I can't think why. Anyone have similar experiences or an idea as to what might be wrong?

Thanks

Terry

Reaction score
Same problem

I notice its been a while but I'm having the same issue as you...did you ever find a fix? i can add alerts on gmail.com or on and iOS device and then receive alerts on my Mac but its a real pain to not be able to add new events with an alert on my Mac.

OP
C

chas_m

This strikes me as being pretty easy to test:

1. Create a calendar that is not synced to Google.
2. Create an event and set alerts.
3. If you can do this, then it's something to do with Google (they've probably made a change on their end somewhere).

OP
T

Terry_C

Yes a non-Google synced calendar does work so it is related to Google. I now enter any event that needs an alert directly in my Google calendar with an email alert, that gets round it. Not ideal though as you can't get a desktop alert.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.