iPhoto only opens thumbnails

Reaction score
When I open iPhoto I have my list of thumbnails. When I click on any of them it opens to a blank screen and the magnifier is all the way to the left. When I move it to the right a thumbnail appears and a selection box appears on the thumbnail and gets smaller leaving the portion within the box visible and it greys out the rest of it.

I have made no changes to iphoto since my last import 2 days ago when all photos were opening as normal. They were also opening normally after the import. This just started happening this afternoon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C

chas_m

Re-launch iPhoto holding down the option and command keys. A list of diagnostic/repair options will appear. Check ALL of them, then go make a cup of tea while it does its thing (may take some time).

If you haven't been mucking about with the iPhoto database file, all should be good after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.