need to install 10.6 for new printer.

Reaction score
My new printer canon pixma mx882 will not install on my Mac OS x 10.4.11. Finally a message saying I need 10.6. I am not computer friendly and have totally assembled my new printer and now my mac will not let it finish loading the software. Is it goiing to cost me $$ for the new upgrade? and will I have to reload other programs I already have?? Again I am a senior and am not too computer knowledgeable. Thank you for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Upgrading to Snow Leopard (10.6) costs $29. But, you haven't told us enough info - is your Mac an Intel or PowerPC cpu Mac? If it's PowerPC, you can't upgrade to Snow Leopard.

OP
G
Reaction score
name of computer for new printer

Thank you..I have a MAC OS X Version 10.4.11; 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

C

chas_m

Be aware that if you have installed third-party software (like for example Microsoft Word) or really old software (like, say, AppleWorks), you will probably need to budget for upgrading those things too.

If you've kept your software up-to-date, then no worries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If he's only upgrading to Snow Leopard (10.6) then there's no reason that older software, including AppleWorks or Office 2004, won't work. It's Lion (10.7) that breaks those apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.