How to connect to Internet using WiFi on Mac Lion

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am a new user to Mac and I've been trying to connect my WiFi modem router(Sitecom | Product | Modem Routers | Wireless adsl 2+ Modem Router 54g WL-592) to my Macbook Pro to access the internet. When I switch on the WiFi I can see the Sitecom (my modem router) listed and I connect. But after that I need assistance on how to get connected. The modem router did not come with a manual for Mac therefore have no idea how to setup the modem (as in when you connect the laptop to the modem and then you type a IP provided by company to set it up)

Here is the info in points:
- Macbook Pro with Mac OS X Lion
- Modem Router: Sitecom ADSL 2+ Modem Router 4g Turbo
- Connects to WiFi but no internet

Currently, I am connected via an Ethernet cable to my Macbook and PPPoE connection.

Issue No. 2:
I've followed the tutorial on how to setup 'Internet Sharing' to connect to Mac to access the Internet, but, for some reason my Android & BB don't connect. WiFi is connected but no net connected. When I check it updates Facebook & Gmail, but when connecting to net via Browser on mobile it says it has no Net connection.

C

chas_m

1. The setup should be the same as to set up a PPPoE connection for any other computer. Check your router's manual.

2. On issue #2, are we sure we're not connecting to FB and GMail via 3G or built-in cell connection? FB and GMail are both web sites, so other than your phone has connectivity to it built-in I don't see how it's possible for you to connect to two web sites and no others.

3. Any chance you could dump that hunk o' junk and get an Airport? Guaranteed less hassle ...

OP
S
Reaction score
1. I've done that but its not doing its job. Can the modem router be incompatible?

2. No, because i've disabled Mobile Network and the H icon that pops up when i connect was not there.

3. LOL @ hunk o' junk. I read somewhere AirPort was replaced with WiFi in Mac Lion. If not that how do i get AirPort to work :)

C

chas_m

1. I've done that but its not doing its job. Can the modem router be incompatible?

Very unlikely, but only testing the connection with another router is going to answer that.

3. LOL @ hunk o' junk. I read somewhere AirPort was replaced with WiFi in Mac Lion. If not that how do i get AirPort to work :)[/QUOTE]

The WORD Airport was replaced in the menu bar with the word "Wi-Fi" in Lion but that makes absolutely no difference to my post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you tried connect IPv4 using DHCP also are you encrypted if so did you use WPA2 ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.