Bali humidity problem? scrambled screen

Reaction score
:Not-Amused:I am in Bali and the weather is particularlyn hot and humid. I woke up my mac this morning ( to start writing) and the screen is scrambled.

could it be the humidity?

If so what can I do to get it working again?

it is a 9 month old macbook pro.Any advice gratefully accepted. I have another week here and will be a bit stumped without my mac :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post has been moved to an appropriate forum - here in the Switcher forum as it does not belong in "Rumors and Reports". Please read our forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting.

C

chas_m

It COULD be the humidity (moisture in the computer). Your only real "solution" is to power it down, store it somewhere DRY for a while (buy a dehumidifier for the computer room if need be) and hope.

It could, of course, be something else entirely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The maximum operating temperature for your system is 35°C, and it can handle up to 90% relative humidity. However, if the temperature changes overnight such that the humidity condenses on the computer, that could be a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
And keep a cheap bag of kitty litter around (look at the silica content) :) that will also suck the moisture out of the air.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
High humidity (and hot) for extended periods of time...with problems...has been posted about before (but not often). So I would say that it is possible...but I guess hard to prove...other than referring to the official Apple operating environment specs.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.