New display om MBP went out fast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
I just replaced a broken display in a MBP 15" Core Duo. I worked for about 10 min's then just displays a faint blue. I connected a external DVI and it works properly. Is there something I can do to revive it? I had to wait two weeks for it to come from Canada and christmas is not going to wait:eek:

Reaction score
Sounds like one of two things. Either you got a defective replacement screen, in which case the answer to you question is no. Or you have another internal issue causing the screen not to work or to fail quickly. In that case the screen might not be lost but you would need to find the underlying problem.

OP
FatherTime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
Sounds like one of two things. Either you got a defective replacement screen, in which case the answer to you question is no. Or you have another internal issue causing the screen not to work or to fail quickly. In that case the screen might not be lost but you would need to find the underlying problem.

Funny now it started to work, I'm going to cycle it a lot to see if it holds. This machine has been in a closet since summer 2007 with a shattered display.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
It sounds to me that the cable is loose or damaged, or the board on the back of the screen is either defective or was damaged in installation. I would pop it open again and make sure all the cables are properly connected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.