Imac Wifi not so good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Dual Core.
I have a iMac - I7 (1 year old)
I also have a MacBook Pro 15' (2 years old)

I share the wifi with my neighbor because he get's business internet and it's a lot faster.

I live above him and I can get his wireless internet without any issues on my MacBook Pro. However my Imac has a lot of trouble finding it. when it does find it drops the connection after 2 minutes, and it never remembers the saved information. it doesn't remember that I connected to this wifi before and doesn't remember the password.

2 questions.

1. Are Imac known to have such problem? or an inferior wifi range?
2. Is there anything that I can do too better the reception?

This is extremely frustrating as I can seat in front of my Imac with my macbook and get connected right away on my macbook, while my imac cannot even find it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No known issues with the iMac. I have both an iMac and MacBook here at home and both get excellent reception. Of course it may be that I have my own router in close proximity. Whatever your reason is for sharing a connection, it's never a good idea regardless of how fast it might be. It's always a matter of distance and bandwidth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.