How to get pictures off iPhone 4?

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Until now I've just emailed to myself but recently I took a whole bunch, figure there has got to be an easier way...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Do you have iPhoto?

You can import them using that.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I do but have never used it...

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I should remember why I posted this. My son wants a camera, and I'm thinking an iPhone 4 refurb is cheaper and takes pretty good pictures, but he uses a PC laptop. So the question should be, how does one get the pictures off an iPhone using a PC.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really...how? I've been using iTunes and an iPhone since the 3g and can get picture onto the phone but not camera-taken shots from the phone...

C

chas_m

On the Mac, iPhoto will automatically launch (unless you've changed the defaults) anytime an iOS devices is attached that has unsynched pictures. For those who don't use iPhoto, Image Capture can be set as the default device to open when an iOS device with new pictures is attached.

On the PC, I'm sorry I don't really know, but I DO know that all syncing is handled through iTunes and the sync is two-way (new songs, for example, also sync back from the iPhone to the PC). Look under "Photos" on the iOS info page in iTunes when the unit is attached via its sync cable.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On the Mac, iPhoto will automatically launch (unless you've changed the defaults) anytime an iOS devices is attached that has unsynched pictures. For those who don't use iPhoto, Image Capture can be set as the default device to open when an iOS device with new pictures is attached.

Never touched iPhoto so can't say with certainty if or how the preferences were changed, but it don't open. My issue with iPhoto is that I use Lightroom to collect and catalog on my pictures so I don't want iPhoto getting in the way of that

For folks that love to say that "Mac's just work", here's an example of when they don't...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.