Sky Go on my new iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
Once more I come to this forum for help / re-assurance.

I currently watch SKy Go on my iPhone but want to add my new iMac to the valid devices. I have logged on to the relevant Sky page but it prompts me to install 'Microsoft Silverlight' to enable me to watch Sky Go on my Mac.

My questions are :

(1) Is this how other people are watching SKy Go on their Macs ?
(I am overly sensitive about adding additional plug ins etc to me new Mac as in the PC world (from where I have come) I have always feared clashes and conflicts with installing lots of new drivers.

(2) If I proceed the installer wants to install this at the root level of the hard drive "Macintosh HD". Is this the correct place or should I be storing it in a relevant sub-directory ?

Hope all that makes sense. Comments are, as always, very much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I watch Sky Go on my iMac, and it too asked me to install Silverlight. That was a couple of months ago now and I've had no problems whatsoever.

To be honest, I couldn't even tell you where it's installed, I find it that insignificant. I'll find it and report back.

Bottom line, if you want to watch Sky on your iMac, it's the only way to do it! :)

EDIT: Okay, found it - Mine's saved under MacintoshHD/Library/Internet plugins. It's nestled in there with things like Flash plug ins and the like. So I guess you could say it is in the right place?

Hope that helps.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I watch Sky Go on my iMac, and it too asked me to install Silverlight. That was a couple of months ago now and I've had no problems whatsoever.

To be honest, I couldn't even tell you where it's installed, I find it that insignificant. I'll find it and report back.

Bottom line, if you want to watch Sky on your iMac, it's the only way to do it! :)

EDIT: Okay, found it - Mine's saved under MacintoshHD/Library/Internet plugins. It's nestled in there with things like Flash plug ins and the like. So I guess you could say it is in the right place?

Hope that helps.

Thats great feedback, thanks very much. I'll go ahead and download Silverlight. I'll save it in the same directory !!!!

Thanks again
Gary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
You're welcome!

I didn't choose to save it there, the iMac did that itself.:)

Enjoy! I use mine when I want to watch the footy and the missus kicks me out of the lounge! Will come in handy this festive period! ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly the same reason why I've installed it on my iMac !!!! :D

(No idea where the file has been saved. Haven't worked out how to do that yet - learning something new everyday - will work that out tomorrow).

Thanks again !

C

chas_m

You generally don't have to worry about where the file's been saved. If the installer has run, it puts the files in the places they need to go.

If you haven't run the installer or it didn't automatically open, you can find the DMG file in your Downloads folder (most likely, unless you've changed the default), which is in your User (Home) folder.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You generally don't have to worry about where the file's been saved. If the installer has run, it puts the files in the places they need to go.

If you haven't run the installer or it didn't automatically open, you can find the DMG file in your Downloads folder (most likely, unless you've changed the default), which is in your User (Home) folder.

Thanks very much for the feedback chas_m. I double-clicked on the file in the 'Downloads' folder to instigate the installation. I'm hoping that means its still put the file in the relevant folder.

(By the way - if you ever wonder if all the time and effort you put into responding to 'Newbie' questions is actually appreciated then rest assured it most certainly is!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.