quicktime problem. .AVI plays with no pic?

M

mr..nemo

in quicktime i have have some .AVI files that play with no pic, when they open they send me to the download components site for quicktime but i dunno what to download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
avi's dont play (literally, i guess) too well with quicktime...use vlc or download divx doctor II to convert them to another format.

Reaction score
if you upgrade to quictime pro you can play .avi's without a problem, but your talking £15, vlc is free though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You don't even necessarily need Pro, you just need the Codecs. Search and download the DivX and XVide codecs from MacUpdate.com and that should play most AVI movies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
VLC media player.
It's another alternative to play .avi
quicktime 7 can't play .avi yet coz there's no codec available yet.

OP
L

lil

AVI is a wrapper for all types of movie files. It's not so much an AVI codec, but the video encoding codec that counts such as DivX, XviD, 3ivx, OggVorbis etc.

The DivX codec for Quicktime for Tiger and QT7 is still currently in beta as the Fusion Beta 3 codec.

VLC (VideoLAN Client) is very good though as well, that said, I kind of prefer to use Quicktime, as I have QT Pro 7 and it just has a slicker UI.

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.