Use iPhoto's photo structure or create referenced library?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 12GB RAM and 2TB HDD, 32 GB iPad 2, 32 GB iPhone 4
What do people generally recommend? I'm looking to set up my iPhoto library and I'm not sure how exactly I shoudl go about doing it....should I just reference by existing pictures folder? How exactly would that work? Or am I better off importing them all and backing up the individual files on a hard drive.

If I went the referenced file route would that just create a huge iphoto library file that would take up additional space?

C

chas_m

I have yet to find a compelling argument against just using iPhoto's built-in management as was intended by Apple (except "I really enjoy micro-managing my own photos and doing a lot of unnecessary work" of course).

The iPhoto Library is automatically backed up by Time Machine, so there's no reason to worry about your photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.