Safari wont load images

Reaction score
Hi,

Hopefully someone has had this issue and can help?

If I search for images using Safari and then I click on an individual image to display it safari tries to load the images but then gives me a message saying unsupported browser?

If I click the ok button on the message a bit more of the image shows, if i keep clicking after two or three times the full image is displayed?

If I run Firefox I dont have this issue?

I have attached a screen shot of the message i get.

Thanks in advance

Min

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 11

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
According to that, the site you are visiting doesn't support your version of Safari (it probably does but the dev doesn't think so). What version of Safari are you using and what website doesn't work?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply,

Im running Safari 5.1.2

I get this message with every image i try and open when i search for images.

ie - through google i search 'ford' and then select 'images' at the top of the page. Which ever image i then click on i get the message.

Its not specific to any website it happens this happens with every image for any website?

Thanks again

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Try resetting Safari as a first step: Safari > Reset Safari...

I suggest this since it seems that something might be corrupt and this would be a first good step at cleaning out some things that might be causing some problems.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi thanks

I had tried that already and Ive just reset safari again and it is still the same.

Ive just checked to see if there is an update available for safari and I running the latest version.

Ive also run a virus check and that didnt pick anything up, do you think it might be worth running some sort of a malware check - ive never done that before?

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, that won't be the cause of this issue. Have you changed your user agent by any chance (in other words, set Safari to identify as another browser)? Did you enable the developer menu? Do you have any extensions installed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.