Updating original iPad to iOS 5+

Reaction score
I'm trying to up all Macs and devices to prepare for iCloud. It took several tries with my iPhone 3GS and it finally took. For some reason the download/sync kept stopping and saying that the server timed out. Now it keeps doing it with the iPad. Any suggestions on what is going on and what I can do?

C

chas_m

I don't know why that would be happening, but I can assure you that the original iPad can be updated to iOS 5.

My only thought is that a LOT OF PEOPLE are buying iPads and iPhones right now (xmas week) and perhaps the download servers are a tad overloaded. Maybe try late at night?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Chas_M. I shut the iMac down last night as well as the iPad and cranked them up this morning. Before leaving the house I started the update and it made it thru. Guess the devices just needed a good night's rest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Cypher" Powermac G5 2.3 DualCore QuadroFX4500 23" cinema display
I'm on an original pad & iOS went on fine for me
I have to agree with the previous comments about too much traffic over Christmas with everybody setting up their new devices

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.