Snow leopard upgrade, 4yr. old Macbook

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My daughter has the Aluminum Macbook, I think its the 13" or smaller, its four years old. I was thinking of upgrading the software to the latest snow leopard. Anyone know if there will be problems or is there an upgrade that has to happen before S.L.?

Thanx in advance.

Scott

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There are some "info gaps" in your post...such as what OS version is this computer currently running?

Also...have you reviewed what software is installed on this computer...and if you upgraded it to Snow Leopard...will all of that software be "Snow Leopard" compatible?

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks NicK,

Actually, I am waiting for new RAM cards for it to eliminate the three beeps she is getting. Once I can read that info, I'll post it.

Scott

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks NicK,

Actually, I am waiting for new RAM cards for it to eliminate the three beeps she is getting. Once I can read that info, I'll post it.

Scott

Ok...I see. I'll keep my eye out for this thread when you post again (or someone else may jump in on the fun)!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
The MacBooks only came in a 13" model. If it is the Aluminum version, there was only two models both released and discontinued at the same time. This laptop should run Snow Leopard and even Lion with out any Problems. I would Just watch out how much Memory you put in there, I would not go less then 2GB for Snow Leopard and 4GB for Lion, Although the requirements are lower then what I recommend.

You are also able to get the information to comfirm this off the laptop with out turning it on. Under the battery door, if you remove the battery, there should be a sticker stuck on the side inside the battery compartment, It will just not tell you the OS which sould be Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (unless for some reason it was downgraded to tiger).

Here is the Technical Specs on the Laptop in general. It lists the 2 versions. MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) - Technical Specifications

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks rusty!

That's what she has, I must have just missed your post before ordering the new memory cards.

To be exact, she is running 10.5.7

So you are saying if I upload the latest leopard, it should function with out any issues? Her computer booted up fine, no problems at all with it.

Thanks everyone for the help!!:Cool:

Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.