Help with Outlook 2011 for Mac - "on my computer" emails missing

Reaction score
Outlook 2011 completely missing on launch

Hi All,

Similar issues to those already posted - Friday all working perfectly, the following Monday morning, open outlook and nothing in there, none of my 3 email accounts, 4000 emails etc, it's like new, fresh out of the box.
Having read the posts on here to try and retrieve my data, (I have yet to do anything as wanted to fully understand before I proceed) I searched in spotlight to find the emails, did the search, found the emails, but they started disappearing right in front of me. When I did another spotlight search and quickly clicked on one of the mails before it went, it opened up in Outlook 'as normal'.
I thought posting this was appropriate as I haven't yet read that this has happened to anyone else?
Your ideas most welcome.
Thanks

Outlook 14.0.0
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

Reaction score
missing On my computer emails

Both of you...

Did you have any emails store locally, or is all your email/items on the servers?

1. Go to file
2. Select Export
3. Export everything to OLM
4. Once everything that is 'missing' is in the OLM, check the size of the OLM. If its large this will work, if its small it wont.
5. Close Outlook 2011
6. Hold down the option key, and launch Outlook 2011
7. The Microsoft Database Utility will open
8. Create a New Identity and Name it
9. Set it as default using the 'Gear' button
10. Launch Outlook 2011
11. Go to Outlook
12. Preferences
13. Accounts
14. Setup your accounts. If you need your credentials/settings check your system admin or email provider
15. All email on the servers will be downloaded/synced
16. Import the OLM I had you create
17. Check the 'Archived Mail' section under 'On My Computer'
18. All your old mail there? great!
19. Organize it how you want to.

If the above steps don't work, and you had locally stored data that wasn't backed up, you are out of luck. Use time machine, backup your data. Always.

I look forward to hearing from you both.

So if there was never a backup saved on the TIme Machine and you go thru the older identities,
find the identities with the largest database data size
the data records with the largest datasize

create a new identity
place both with in it
launch outlook and still no "on my computer" archived emails then what?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.