PowerBook G4 died

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini i7, ipad 2 16gb wi-fi, iphone 3gs
My PowerBook G4 stopped working the very same day I got my new mac mini i7. I took it to the Apple store Genius Bar off Knox/Henderson in Dallas,TX and they told me it was my hard drive. The genius at the apple store recommended a company that could recover the data. I forgot the name of the company he recommended. Does anyone know of a company or business (preferably in the Dallas area) that could recover my hard drive data and possibly get my powerbook up and running again?

Thanks
ca

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think Apple was saying a Data Recovery place. That I am not sure. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

As far as getting the Powerbook G4 working again, It needs a new hard drive. The Powerbooks are not the easiest to change out the drive but I have done it. I don't know how skilled you are at computer repair. You can purchase a new drive and install it. I could point you to a tutorial that tells how to do it if you give me the exact model and specs of your Powerbook G4.

OP
L.D.A.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini i7, ipad 2 16gb wi-fi, iphone 3gs
Thanks for your reply and yes I would like to see the tutorial. It's a 15" PowerBook G4 Model Number: A1138.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple PowerBook G4 1.67GHz 15" (Aluminum) Hi-Res DDR2 (M9969LL/A, A1138)

Does that look like the specs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.