Sticky Mouse

Reaction score
Howdy! My standard white Apple mouse with the little ball on top has gotten to sticking when trying to scroll with the ball. The mouse indicator on screen stops working, the ball will still roll. I'm just wondering if there is an acceptable or good way to clean the mouse before I trash it. Can they be taken apart? Anybody with any experience with this issue? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are numerous videos on the web on how to take apart and clean the Mighty Mouse which I have renamed "Miserable Mouse" because of the problem you describe.

I cleaned mine by turning it upside down and rolling it over an alcohol wetted fibre cloth or towel. It'll stay clean for awhile and then get dirty again. I retired the miserable thing and instead bought an inexpensive Logitech from Wal-Mart which keeps on going.....

OP
F
Reaction score
Miserable Mouse

Thanks, I'll try the suggestion. I enjoyed your description. Next time I'm in an Apple store I'll be sure to pass it on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.