• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Printer W/ Network Port

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
Does anyone have any experience with printers that can be connected to a router via ethernet cable and shared throughout the network? I want to geta printer that I can connect to my Linksys router and share it over the network and have it work with my PowerBook. I currently have an HP PSC1350 and I cannot get it to work through the Linksys wireless print server that I have and I have tried many things and I am looking at getting a printer with a network port and be able to print to it from my PowerBook that is connected to my Linksys wireless router. Any suggestions/comments?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am looking for an all in one printer(print/copy/scan).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
i have a HP 2610 all in one and IT ROCKS!
It works with both my PC and mac flawlessly.

I know what you mean about the print server. I bought one for my old printer and it was very hard to set up.

The HP has built in ethernet and setup was automatic(yeaah :))

i higly reccomend this printer to anyone!

Plus i found out i could use it as a network storage unit also because it has built in media card readers.(i currently am using a memory stick to store pics so i dont need a PC for that job )

Reaction score
HP OfficeJet 7410 here, does everything. I have it connected to my network with its built-in wifi adapter.

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
Well I looked at the HP 2610 and I decided to go with that and found it brand new on Ebay for US$175 which was about $100 off the price of it in stores. I cant wait to get it because I am sick of unplugging everything that is connected to my PB and moving it over to my printer everytime I want to print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yep HP 2610 here also

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.