Is there such a thing? (AVI-MOV)

• Thread starter nyrangerfan5490
  • Start date
N

nyrangerfan5490

I have some AVI files that I would like to convert to a Quicktime format (they currently place in VLC) so I would like it to convert to .mov or .mpg. Is there such a program that can do this? I tried 3ivx but the sound is off with the visual. Thanks for any and all help!!

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
nyrangerfan5490 said:
I have some AVI files that I would like to convert to a Quicktime format (they currently place in VLC) so I would like it to convert to .mov or .mpg. Is there such a program that can do this? I tried 3ivx but the sound is off with the visual. Thanks for any and all help!!

VLC should be able to do that, you just ("just" who am I kidding!*) stream it to a file.

Amen-Moses

*it isn't really a simple thing to do so make sure you read the manual very carefully

OP
N

nyrangerfan5490

thanks for the help...i dont know how to start in os9 and i already tried divx doctor with no luck, so Im gonna try the VLC thing. I guess I'll just look it up (sounds kinda hard)and if anyone has more suggestions, feel free to post! thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.