iCloud Frustration

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am in desperate need of a solution here. Unfortunately, my daughter synched her iPod on my computer and it screwed up my iCloud account somehow. It now will not let me log into it at all. I keep getting an error message of, "Due to high volume iCloud isn't available to new users at this time." I am not a new user, as I have had my account for over a month. I have an @me.com account. Does anyone know if there is a solution to fix this? I have read other people running into this issue when there was more than one device on the same Apple ID. I also tried creating a new Apple ID to see if that would rectify the situation. No. I signed my daughter up for her own Apple ID and turned off the iCloud on her device then reset. No. I am super frustrated at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66Ghz i7 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 240GB OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD & 480GB Mercury Pro SSD
I'm none to happy with iCloud either. I'm getting the same message as you, cannot access or even tell if my music and apps are on the cloud or not, cannot set up my kids new iTouchs nor the wifes new iMac.....many thousands of dollars for Macs vaunted ease of use and I'm finding nothing but frustration at this point. I'm about to pack it all up and take it to the Apple store and have the geniuses fix it or they can have it back.

Wish I was some help to you but the only thing that looks like it will help us is if Apple gets their act together and gets the cloud working again

rant over.............................

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm about to do the same. Heading to the Apple store and get them to solve my problem for me. I paid enough for all this stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66Ghz i7 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 240GB OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD & 480GB Mercury Pro SSD
I don't think we are doing anything wrong, it seems the cloud is down to "new" users due to volume. Doesn't help those of us trying to set everything up so Xmas morning is just a plug and play experience for the little ones and the wife though.

I followed all the instructions to the letter and it appeared that all went well. There is no way to confirm though as the cloud is not accessible to "new" users.

Can any of the old hands here give us hope that all will be well soon or do we really need to take all our new toys to the store to be fixed/configured?

Strry, let us know what the store has to say about this if you please.

Reaction score
Hang in there - must be simple explanations. While more expert help gathers around:
Check Apple - Support - iCloud - System Status.
I find Apple tech support very helpful when I need help, which isn't often.
I doubt syncing the iPod would have caused the problem, but I will be interested in what the store says.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Well the cloud is new, and there are going to be some problems with it. What I would try to do is reset your device, and re sync it with your apple account. Have your daughter do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the link Demapples, it appears everything is up and running again. All my iTunes library showed up as in the cloud and it all looks good so far, unfortunately the kids iTouchs are now wrapped so we'll know Xmas morning if those pick up everything as well.

Hope the OP has resolved his issues as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac running Sonoma. 1TB SSD, 16 gigs RAM. iPhone 15 Max Pro, iPad Air
I made the plunge to Lion because Mobile was being discontinued. And I did the iCloud thing which has become quite frustrating.

a. One of the reasons I had Mobile Me was so that friends and family could upload and download pictures. It was an easy way to share everything for everybody. That option is now gone.
b. Where are pictures in iCloud? There aren't. I can only access them on MY Apple products through Photo Stream. Stupid.
c. Oh Wait. My iPhone only displays pictures it has taken. Photos that I have on my iMac, which I used to be able to access through Gallery, aren't anywhere to be found.
d. I'd like to get an iPad. Waste of time if these issues happen with that too.
e. Deleting e-mails doesn't work well. Still showing up.

Will be making another trip to the Apple store after Christmas. At least those guys are great to work with and hopefully they'll figure it out for me...assuming it CAN be figured out.

Bottom line is change is not always good.

Reaction score
Re photos: There are lots of sharing alternatives around now. I email photos to others and the can chose to save them to their devices. I use Aperture (iPhoto would work this way) to maintain a series of folders for photos and sync them through iTunes to my iPad and iPhone. My wife syncs her iPad on another computer, so periodically I just copy those folders to her computer and she syncs them to her iPad.

Re the email delete thing: check in device settings/preferences to ensure that your email client is not set to show more than one email account.

C

chas_m

a. One of the reasons I had Mobile Me was so that friends and family could upload and download pictures. It was an easy way to share everything for everybody. That option is now gone.

Flickr Pro, $25/year.

c. Oh Wait. My iPhone only displays pictures it has taken. Photos that I have on my iMac, which I used to be able to access through Gallery, aren't anywhere to be found.

Well why don't you add them to Photo Stream then, or sync them using iTunes?

e. Deleting e-mails doesn't work well. Still showing up.

POP email and multiple devices don't mix. Move on to all IMAP or limit your POP email to one machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.