mac os X question

Reaction score
i have a mac mini and a MBP early both 2010 i was wondering if there is anyway i can make them sync together to have all my programs data etc on each.. i basically want a mirrored copy on each one.. anyway i can do this?

Thanks in advance!

Serafino

OP
S
Reaction score
hi sorry for late reply been out of town for few weeks... got to use program and it worked perfect thank you very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Sure. You want ChronoSync by Econ Technologies. I think it's $30.

Reading through their FAQ's it's gonna be $40 for EACH machine installed on. So, as I read this.. that'd be $80 to make it functional. Or am I missing something?

C

chas_m

I think you're missing something, mike. You'd only need one copy on one machine; it can do bidirectional sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! All I want to do is synch my keychain, I think I'll write a script, add it to /etc/ttys and rsync :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thanks! All I want to do is synch my keychain, I think I'll write a script, add it to /etc/ttys and rsync :)

I use Dropbox for this purpose, that way my Keepass database is used by my machine at work (Windows), my iMac at home and my wife's laptop (Windows)..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I use Dropbox for this purpose, that way my Keepass database is used by my machine at work (Windows), my iMac at home and my wife's laptop (Windows)..

That'd work, if I could use anything on my work machine (linux), or had any other non OS X boxes around (we're all Mac now, thankfully :) )

Lacking that, rsync's gonna be brain dead easy. The only test is if I can mount, which can't obviously do remotely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.