Macbook 13" Aluminum battery ?

Reaction score
Hi all New here on this forum. I belong to lots of different forums but don't know why I never thought of one for the computer when I had issues :Blushing:

I am thinking it is just in need of a new battery but want to see what you all think.

Have had this laptop since 2008 I think it is model 5.1

99% of the time I leave it plugged into the A/C power but if I unplug it about 1 min or so later it will just shut off

looked at the system profiler and this is what it says under power

says check battery next to condition

screen-capture-1.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think it's telling you that you may need a new battery. A 2008 MacBook is going on 4 years old and if you've always kept the machine on AC, the battery has probably deteriorated even though it only has 73 cycles on it.

OP
K
Reaction score
I agree just wanted to see if anyone else might of had a weird problem I didn't know about. off to the Apple store tomorrow then

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My wife has the same model MB 2008. Her usage is similar. The battery is shot after all this time as well. She's going to be getting a new battery from OWC this Christmas as she refuses to part with this particular machine. Four years of not taking care of a battery is plenty and it speaks to the overall good quality of the charging system and components that it works at all after this much time.

OP
K
Reaction score
I agree been the best machine I have owned only thing I need to figure out that I don't like is. After adding a time capsule it seems to slow down webpages as it backs up so I just stop it while I am busy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.