2 weeks old macbook pro, 100% battery=1 hour of work NORMAL? HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hi,1st post :)

K,i got a new 2011 2.5 antiglare 7200 750 hd MACBOOK PRO.

Got it 2 weeks ago.

Now...i understand that the battery life shouldn't be as said (7 hours) ill live fine with 3.5 hours as well.

Thing is that when my battery is charged to 100% (after i empty is completely: i got only ONE hour left.

Also i got a message when i started charging my macbook today saying "not charging" but it disappeared later.

I downloaded istat pro and it says that my battery is 98% health.

Please apple community, help me understand what i should do wether its going to the store and raise some **** regarding "why did you guys sell me a defective laptop!?".

Or is there another solution for this?

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Give it a little more time and if you're still not getting better than an hour from the battery, take it back to Apple and let them look at it. This is an extremely busy time of year for the Apple store genius bars, so it may be best to wait until after the holidays. Or, you can call them and see if you can get an appointment.

OP
M
Reaction score
Edit:
Noticed the wine program was running in the upper tool bar...closed it and then
30%=25 min turned into 30%=1:20 (one hour 20 min).
Fully charged the computer then it was 100%=6:15 (six houres fifteen min) and i was super happy just to learn that it changed a minutelater to 100%=4:15 (four hours fifteen min) and when i opened vlc player 100=3:45.

Is it ok?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yep. All OK. I also run Wine but I'm always careful to turn that nice red juicy wine glass off when I'm through playing my old Windows games. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Yep. All OK. I also run Wine but I'm always careful to turn that nice red juicy wine glass off when I'm through playing my old Windows games. :)

Thanks man, I'm ALOT more calm i started thinking that my country's authorized apple reseller...sold me a used mb pro...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.