Simple, Cheap DB And FORMS maker?

Reaction score
hi :)

I can't make heads or tails of this. Please help.

I have recently moved from WinXP to Mac OS X (Snow Leopard), soon to go Lion. I have a simple flat-file database in Access and a custom front end form that I had made in C++ for WinXP to view/edit/manipulate the data. Since I switched to the Mac I've been using VMware Fusion to get to my data and UI when I want them - but that is a HUGE p.i.t.a...

I dearly want to get OFF of WinXP.

I have seen tons of names of database apps for Mac but I can't find the answer to one simple question:

** What app will let me create a FORM to manipulate my AccessDB data and handle data rules in a way that matches the frontend I had built on WinXP? **

I have heard of Filemaker, Eagle Data, 4LightData, and I have looked at database app lists like the one on pure-mac or sofotex. This has not answered my question.

Could a Mac user with experience in Access (creating data forms to manipulate data) tell me which program(s) would suit what I want? The cheaper the better.

Thank you!
Maya-G
::Smirk:

Reaction score
Have you tried either Open Office or Libre Office, both will read Excel and Access files if i am not mistaken. Both programs are off shoots of the same program and both programs are free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.