mac mini internet trouble

Reaction score
i just purchased a new mac mini and it seems to not like going on line wired or wireless.

i will launch safari or google chrome and it just sits there trying to load. it does this most of the time.

i thought it might be my internet service but i brought home my work lap top wich is a windows based H.P. and it doesnt have any of the issues my mac mini does.

i can open multiple windows at the same time and launch multiple you tube videos without any trouble on the HP but this mac mini will not.

any suggestions? does apple not like comcast or could i just have got a lemon out of the box??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is a brand new Mini?

You say you have tried Wired and wireless? If you plug directly into the router, Open System Preferences, Network and Ethernet. What IP Address does it list there?

OP
S
Reaction score
This is a brand new Mini?

You say you have tried Wired and wireless? If you plug directly into the router, Open System Preferences, Network and Ethernet. What IP Address does it list there?

configure ipv4: using dhcp

ip adress 192.168.0.13
subnet 255.255.255.0
router 192.168.0.1

yes ive tried ethernet and wifi both do the same just on the mac mini.

the HP lap top has no trouble

right out of the box a couple of weeks ago. finally remembered to bring home work laptop last night to see if it was the internet connection and not the mac

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You are getting an IP from the router and the router IP is showing up. Strange you have in internet. Have you tried say Chat, Mail and other internet apps? If so, is everything internet related dead?

OP
S
Reaction score
its not dead just lags real bad bottom left of window says sending request and the tab circle spins slowly backwards

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you open System Preferences, Network, Ethernet and click on Advanced then DNS, what is it showing for DNS servers? Just a stab in the dark.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those are Comcast's DNS servers. I take if you have Comcast? With all that is showing, your internet connection should be fine. Not sure what is causing Lag with Web Browsers.

Have you tried taking an internet speed test like SpeedTest.net?

OP
S
Reaction score
yes speed test when it connects is 12 down 3 up. like i said everything works great on my work lap top just this mac lags. im taking it back to the store tomorrow to see if they know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.