Non Verizon iPad 2 monthly 3g service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
I will be purchasing a 3g iPad 2. I don't want to get it from Verizon. But, as a Verizon customer, I would like my 3g service from them.

I will be getting the "as needed" service. If I want the service for one month, I will purchase the 3g for that month.

When I spoke to the Verizon sales person, he lead me to believe that I HAD to purchase the iPad from Verizon.

My question is, can I purchase a iPad 2 from somewhere other than Verizon and use the "as needed" service?

THanks so much

Monty

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Verizon customer service is giving out misleading information. While it's true that if you wish to use the Verizon pay as you go 3G service you will need an iPad designed for their service, however, you can purchase that particular type of iPad from Apple, Best Buy, Target, or Wal-Mart.

When you purchase it, just make sure that it's not the AT&T iPad (GSM) and that it is for Verizon service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.