Capturing audio streams

Reaction score
Some ministries I listen too do not podcast, and or require me to purchase their MP3 sermons. As a result what I have been doing is am recording the audio via my Olympus voice recorder via a wire and then converting the WMA audio via a third party app and then importing to iTunes. Dont know why I cant do all this with iTunes on the Mac like I can on the PC, but oh well. I was thinking and wondering if someone knew of a app that would do this for me so I do not need to waste the battery on my voice recorder. If possible please let me know, thanks..
The sermons that I get are on this site Christian Radio - Free Online Christian Ministry Radio Broadcasts - OnePlace.com

John

Reaction score
If you are listening over the internet you could try a program called Wiretap Pro, any audio that comes to your computer can be captured to mp3 or some other forms. Works very easy and does a very good job.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wiretap Pro is expensive (currently $69), instead download the free Audacity program from Sourcforge.net as it does the same thing albeit without all the fancies. Here is the LINK.

OP
E
Reaction score
Wiretap Pro is expensive (currently $69), instead download the free Audacity program from Sourcforge.net as it does the same thing albeit without all the fancies. Here is the LINK.

I have that app and I cant find a way on the Mac version to capture audio from a stream.

C

chas_m

You can try FStream (free) or spend a little money and buy Audio Hijack Pro for $32. I absolutely love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.