HELP!!! Mad Mac

Reaction score
Hi people, in desperate need of assistance. I have an igloo mac and when i turn it on, it just displays the primary screen (apple logo and clock thingy). i recently updated the OS and the RAM. I have tried several 'hold button(s) while booting' but to no avail... HELP!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have an igloo mac and when i turn it on...

I have no idea what an "igloo Mac" is...unless you mean a Macintosh computer used inside an igloo. And if this is the case...I'm assuming that you either have a very long extension cord...or are running it off of solar panels!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For starters tell us about the memory you installed. Get it from a Mac dealer as Macs use different memory to PCs, low density v. high density and most PC dealers are not aware of the difference.

The older your 'igloo', the fussier it is regarding memory. Do you mean a G4 with the round base?

OP
Reaction score
I have no idea what an "igloo Mac" is...unless you mean a Macintosh computer used inside an igloo. And if this is the case...I'm assuming that you either have a very long extension cord...or are running it off of solar panels!:)

- Nick

an igloo mac is a flat screen G4 iMac, the one with the screen that goes all over the place, except backwards

OP
Reaction score
For starters tell us about the memory you installed. Get it from a Mac dealer as Macs use different memory to PCs, low density v. high density and most PC dealers are not aware of the difference.

The older your 'igloo', the fussier it is regarding memory. Do you mean a G4 with the round base?

the memory is good, it's mac specific. i have 2GB instead of the standard 1GB. yes a G4 with the pointable screen

C

chas_m

How can you be so sure the memory is good if you're having this sort of problem? Why not try putting the old RAM module back in and see if the problem goes away or not?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.