So, uh. Is my Mac broken or something?

Reaction score
So..Uh. My dad recently bought an Apple MAC desktop. It's the latest model. We've been taking VERY good care for it. It practically stays in the living room desk, and it gets used about twice a week at most. I decided to use it today with my friends and we had three different windows open in total. We were on Youtube listening to music, while on Facebook. As well as that, a photobooth window was also opened because we wanted to take pictures. When we played the next youtube video, the mac suddenly froze up with a spinning beach ball icon that kept us waiting. I waited for 5 minutes in hopes of the MAC fixing itself but to no avail. I held the shut off button because I got annoyed. It shut off. I waited 5 minutes before turning it back on, and it won't turn on. I've only had it for about three months. If it is broken, that computer has got to be pretty crappy. Is there a way I can fix this or will I have to go to the MAC store for warranty and all that stuff...? :Angry-Tongue:

Additional Details:
So I put my face on the desktop in an attempt to feel for any vibrations. It was quite warm, and there was a little vibrate-y feel to it, like it was working but it just didn't want to turn on or something... -_- I tried back in a few hours. I heard a slight click in the computer. I got excited then waited a minute. Nothing ahppened. All black. I don't know if it is truly broken or anything. Help, please?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does the screen even light up at all or is there that Startup sound Macs make or totally dead?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How old is this iMac? If it's still new, I would take it into Apple. That does not sound good at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.