Help me please!

Reaction score
Last login: Fri Dec 16 16:20:57 on console
kennybanks-pc:~ naschmoneit$

hello everyone im new here so pardon if i am a "noob"
So the message up top came up into terminal when i was trying to start my minecraft server(im 14) and well my name is not kenny. I was wondering how do i get rid of this because i don't wat some one accesing my files or messing with my computer so how can i get rid of "kenny"?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Did you by chance buy this machine from someone named Kenny?

The first but there is the hostname of the machine. You can change it by going to System Preferences > Sharing > Computer Name.

C

chas_m

That machine isn't really yours until you do a complete wipe and reinstall of the system and restore of your stuff. "Kenny" might have put all kinds of keyloggers or other compromising software on there.

You need to get your original system DVD and nuke and pave to be sure that anything of his is gone.

Reaction score
Can you tell me if this is a Keylogger Code?

I found a piece of paper behind a box with the following on it at my office (My husband & I are co owners with his brother. We have an office manager on staff full time to do the day to day stuff)

C:.>

chkdsk'space/p'space/r (now the about the 'space, I don't know if that means a space

with the ' only or the symbol and the word)

so it might also be: chkdsk' /p' /r

under that is the phrase: has to run in recovery console

Does anyone know if this is a keylogger code or just a code for C prompt on an old HP computer???
Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
chkdsk is a Windows tool for checking disks for problems. And, if this is on a piece of paper, why the concern? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
Can't help with this problem but a tip for the future. If you title your post with something relating to the problem rather than "Help Me Please" you may get more responses.

Reaction score
I was concerned only because I found it in the office with the computer we do our payroll on. And also because I am not familiar with key loggers, only have read about them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
I was concerned only because I found it in the office with the computer we do our payroll on. And also because I am not familiar with key loggers, only have read about them.
That note on the paper is for a Windows computer, not a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.