messed up users in Lion

Reaction score
a couple of days ago I replaced my old G4 iMac with a Mac mini. moving from Tiger to Lion OS. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those people who tends to blunder into trying things w/o reading about how to do it. In the process of trying to get the users set up as I wanted them, I decided to change the name of the one user account on the computer. Now when the computer starts up/waked up, all that shows is the former user name but it will no longer accept the password I set up for that account under the old name. After investingating, I suspect my big mistake was changing the name of the account w/o also changing the name of the home directory, though I don't know for certain.

Anyway, I know there must be SOME way of logging in to the system so I can fix my mistake, but I'm having no luck in figuring out how to do it. Can anyone tell me what to do?

OP
H
Reaction score
thanks, Raz0rEdge, but that route turned out to be beyond my capabilities. Then I realized I actually have a NEW computer so I can call AppleCare and amazingly enough they got me working again. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.