MBA 2011 and making copy of pre-installed os x and software

Reaction score
I am hoping to get a new MBA soon to replace my piece of s&:# Dell laptop. It appears from Apple's web site that you don't get original install disks of either Lion or iLife '11. I would like to have a copy in case I need it down the road. Is it possible to make my own from the HD of the MBA? If so how would I do this and what type and size of media would I require? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Yes, You can use Super Duper, CC Cloner to make a copy of your drive to an external. The size of the external drive will be dependent on the size of the drive you have in the MBA you ordered. You will always be able to restore your MBA from the cloud. Once you purchase a computer with Lion on it, you own it (Lion)and can reinstall even whenever you need to.

OP
MacLicious
Reaction score
I also wish when you ordered a new MBA from Apple that they let you choose which os x, Snow Leopard, or Lion cause I am happy with my Snow Leopard on my iMac and have also read complaints from lots of people who preferred iLife '09 to 11. And I personally have had not one single problem with iLife '09.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.