Uninstalling Office 2011 apps

LBM

Reaction score
Hi there, hope this post is in the right spot. Well, I have just installed MS Office 2011 (OS X Lion, Imac 27 inch mid 2011). The installer did not give the opportunity to choose the programs to be installed and, considering the fact that I just want Excel and Word, what should I do to uninstall all other programs (Outlook, Messenger, Power Point and Document Connection) ? Thanks in advance, LBM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You must have missed it then because the Office 2011 installer very definitely gives you the choice of a "custom" install. If you didn't select the custom installation it will install everything.

As far as I know, there is no way as there is with the Windows version to separately uninstall Office apps or to even add them once the program has been installed. I believe you will have to remove everything and reinstall only those apps you need. (Unless someone else has a better method.)

How to uninstall Office 2011: LINK

EDIT: Also moved this thread to the correct forum and clarified your title.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
A lot of work. For what it is worth just ignore them. Drag Word and Excel icons to the Dock and use from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.