PB HD install issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 15", iphone 2, 4, powerbook G4 12", powermac G4 (agp graphics)
ok...after all my drama from previous posts...I finally was able to get a new HD for my comp and installed it with no problems but for some reason when I startup with the software install and restore disk I go through install but when I get to the hard disk part my HD doesn't show up (I hope I got a compatible HD, which I think is). When I go into disk utility it shows up but the icon during install is no where to be found and I cannot continue from there. help! any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks, :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
i had that problem when i installed a hardrive in a g3 powerbook. Go to the disk utility and look for initilize drive, that is what i did and it worked but that was also with an os 8.6 disk, but i hope this points you in the right direction.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks I'll go check that out. I don't think I remember seeing "initialize drive" but I could use anything at this point.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok I am there and first of all I don't know much about hardware/install etc. so this is probably a dumb question but I see a partition button and within the box it says you can initialize this disk but there isn't a specific button to do so. would that be partitioning it? I basically renamed the volume (it was untitled at first) so next would be to partition it. when I press partition there is a warning telling me that new volumes will erase all existing volumes and cannot be undone! But this is the only volume right? This is why I couldn't be a newtwork administrator! any help will help thanks

M

meatychi

You've got it partitions are ways of dividing your hard disk up into pieces - almost like slice of cakes. A new disk usually needs partitioning before use. Some people create partitions to separate their applications from there data. It can improve read speeds and stuff like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.