Airport Shows Every Wireless Network Except Mine

Reaction score
Hi,

Set up a new internet account with Virgin Media and I can't seem to connect with my MacBook Pro. Airport finds and shows every other wireless network near me, except mine, and when click 'join other network' and add in my info it either times out or keeps re-requesting my WEP despite my entering it correctly several times. (And entering it under WPA etc, just in case.)

The odd thing? My old MacBook (i.e. the one I'm using to post this issue) finds the network just fine.

I have no idea why it won't find the network – has anyone any ideas/help? Would really appreciate it, thanks. Desperate to get on with work!

P.s. Hope I've posted in the right forum...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of encryption is your wireless network using? And, do you have the SSID turned on so that it's broadcast?

If you're using WEP, get rid of it as it is not secure. Use WPA2 and be sure to broadcast your SSID (network name). You might also experiment with changing the channel.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi, we changed channel and that did it. Thanks very much! Bizarre as it was broadcast, WPA2, and every other device in the house could see it except the MacBook Pro. Even so, all fixed and supremely grateful.

Cheers :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.