Macbook WiFi issues

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here from Brussels, Belgium

I use a MacBook with MacOS 10.4 as my private web browsing device and to write on.

Usually, Safari finds my wifi and several others, but does not automatically lock on to mine, so I have to always go via Network Diagnostics to have a connection.

What I basically want is that the computer as soon as I start it or when I wake it from snoozing directly goes to my home WiFi if available.

I tried to go to system preferences Network, but as soon as I open it, I get a window "Your network settings have been changed by another device". If I then click OK, the same window opens again and again and again. I cannot even switch off the computer anymore, because the window is so persistantly returning. I have to press the power button for 5 seconds to close it down.

And then start up again and Safari and network diagnostics to manually find my WiFi.

It i not killing me, it is just a nuisance.

Any advice?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just curious...how come you're still running OS 10.4 on your MacBook?

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought it with MacOs10.4 as the then current OS and it works ok. So for the low sophistication application I use it for, it does the job. I never saw a need to pay for an upgrade.... Should I upgrade?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.